Cooperative Preschool Program
Cooperative Preschool for 3 and 4 Year Olds
Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year begins March 7, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
The Co-op Preschool is for children ages three and four who are ready for preschool with and without a parent present. Our year-long programs are rich in play and developmentally appropriate. We follow the California Preschool Learning Foundations to foster school readiness skills. Credentialed teachers facilitate meaningful, engaging curriculum designed to nurture the whole child, including social, emotional, language, and academic development. Our curriculum is woven into our day and includes music, dramatic play, storytelling, art, math, science, and pre-literacy activities.
To be eligible for the Cooperative Preschool:
- Your child must turn three or four by September 1, 2022 and be toilet-trained. If your child's fifth birthday falls between September 2nd and February 2nd, you are also eligible for our district's Transitional Kindergarten program.
- Parent volunteers must provide documentation of fingerprint clearance and a tuberculosis screening.
- Your child’s immunizations must meet the immunization requirements for school entry (see below).
A nonrefundable $100 registration fee is required each year to secure a spot.
Three different preschool options are available, offering a variety of schedules, ages, volunteer requirements, and locations.
2022-23 School Year
Registration will open for our 2022-2023 School Year on March 7, 2022 at noon! To request enrollment, submit the request form below.
All enrollment requests must be submitted online and are automatically time stamped. We can not enroll by phone. The Online Enrollment Request Form is the first step in the registration process, but does not guarantee a spot in a class.
Priority for enrollment will be determined first by the following criteria, and second by timestamp.
- Returning Cooperative Preschool children (and siblings, if concurrently enrolled in the co-op preschool);
- Families enrolled in Parent Participation (anytime since Summer 2021) and living in San Luis Coastal Unified School District (SLCUSD);
- Families living in SLCUSD;
- Families living outside of SLCUSD enrolled in Parent Participation (anytime since Summer 2021).