High School Diploma / Equivalency
San Luis Obispo County Jail Programs
San Luis Coastal Adult School offers high school equivalency and workforce readiness programs at the San Luis Obispo County Jail.
Students must be at least 18 years old to attend the Adult School. We're committed to providing students with ongoing support, offering individualized virtual instruction to help students achieve their educational goals. In response to COVID-19, the High School Diploma / Equivalency Program offers distance learning.
All classes are FREE and by appointment only. Register any time - it's never too late. After an initial orientation, students may work with our teachers during Adult School designated hours.
- Complete the pre-registration form.
- Para inscribirse en el programa de Equivalencia de Escuela Secundaria, impartido en español, complete el formulario de preinscripción. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ.
- Obtain a copy of your high school transcripts for your orientation appointment (contact the last school you attended and received credits from).
- Work with an instructor/counselor to set your individualized learning plan.
- Attend 6 hours a week.
- Become a high school graduate.
- Transition to academic and career pathways.
- Questions? Call 805.549.1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Equivalency Exam (HiSET)
The HiSet is equivalent to the GED and approved by the State of California. We offer test preparation classes for the HiSET exam at the Adult School. Register for an initial orientation by completing our pre-registration form and then study at your convenience and work with teachers during our Adult School designated hours . When you're ready, take the HiSET test online.
Request HiSET and GED test scores from the California Department of Education link below.
If you took your GED at the Adult School at any time, including prior to 1990, please request records below.